People who are familiar with the gear and knots may not need the detailed explanation, here are the basics.
- Lasso two trees with runners.
- Tie one end of slackline with a figure eight on a bight. Clip to first tree.
- Tie the slackline with a clove hitch six feet from second tree; clip two carabiners through clove hitch
- Clip tail of line to second tree and back through one clove hitch carabiner; this is your 3:1.
- Pull hard on tail and tie off with a couple of half hitches on a bight.
- Sit on the line and bounce to stretch it out, retighten and repeat until desired tension is maintained.
- Get some one to spot you and walk
WARNING: This setup is close to the ground and should never be used up high. No one should set up a highline without first mastering low-line rigging